Are you bothered by those wrinkles and lines around your lips? These are referred to as ‘smokers lines’ and no, you don’t have to be a smoker to have these.
Smokers lines or vertical lip lines can be a result of the natural aging process where the structure of your skin decreases through a decline in collagen and elastin production, dental issues, genetics and/or prolonged sun exposure.
Our skilled Doctors and Cosmetic Injector Nurses use anti-wrinkle injections to relax the muscles in this area reducing the appearance of already existing wrinkles and preventing future ones from appearing.
Cocoon Spa and Medical Aesthetics Adelaide offer premium anti-wrinkle injections to help you achieve smoother skin and a sifter, more rejuvenated facial aesthetic.
Side Effects / Potential Risks / Complications:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Asymmetry of facial expressions
- Muscle weakness, twitching
- Bruising/swelling/skin redness
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow (ptosis)/local muscle weakness, double vision, dry/teary eyes
- Hives, feeling faint, nausea or flu like symptoms, tiredness
- Swelling of the face or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- Infection at treatment site
- Period to take effect, further treatment needed, remaining muscle movement
- Avoid touching and rubbing and make-up to the treated areas for 4 hours
- Avoid extreme heat/cold for up to 1 week post treatment
- Abstain from Alcohol, heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Stay out of Sunlight/UV radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Do not rub, massage, apply make-up the treated areas for at least 4 hours after treatment