Many of us want to have that slim heart-shaped face, just like the Kim Kardasian and Kendall Jenners of the world. And once upon a time jaw reduction surgery was a thing. Luckily these days we have other treatments such as anti-wrinkle injections that can help us achieve that desired look without the need for surgery.
The Masseter muscle is the chewing muscle and is located at the back of the jaw. By injecting this muscle with anti-wrinkle, not only achieves a slimming look in this area, but can also reduce jaw clenching by relaxing the muscle.
Are you one of those people who clench your jaw at night or subconsciously during the day? If so, come visit one of our experienced Doctors and Cosmetic Injector Nurses in Adelaide to get the treatment to help reduce jaw clenching and achieve facial slimming.
Cocoon Spa and Medical Aesthetics Adelaide offer premium anti-wrinkle injections to help you prevent teeth grinding and to achieve a slimmer and more defined facial aesthetic.
Possible Risks / Complications:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Asymmetry of facial expressions
- Muscle weakness, twitching
- Bruising/swelling/skin redness
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow (ptosis)/local muscle weakness, double vision, dry/teary eyes
- Hives, feeling faint, nausea or flu like symptoms, tiredness
- Swelling of the face or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- Infection at treatment site
- Period to take effect, further treatment needed, remaining muscle movement
- Avoid touching and rubbing and make-up to the treated areas for 4 hours
- Avoid extreme heat/cold for up to 1 week post treatment
- Abstain from Alcohol, heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Stay out of Sunlight/UV radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Do not rub, massage, apply make-up the treated areas for at least 4 hours after treatment