Do you ever find yourself with large wet patches under your underarms? Or perhaps your hands and feet are just constantly wet from the sweat.
This is a health condition known as Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Sweating is a normal part of being human, however, when you’re constantly having to change your shirts or wipe the sweat off your hands, it can become quite an issue in your daily life.
Our skilled Doctors and Cosmetic Injector Nurses can inject anti-wrinkle into the eccrine gland (also known as sweat glands) in your underarms, hands and feet to help calm the overactive glands.
Side Effects / Potential Risks / Complications:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Asymmetry of facial expressions
- Muscle weakness, twitching
- Bruising/swelling/skin redness
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow (ptosis)/local muscle weakness, double vision, dry/teary eyes
- Hives, feeling faint, nausea or flu like symptoms, tiredness
- Swelling of the face or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- Infection at treatment site
- Period to take effect, further treatment needed, remaining muscle movement
- Avoid touching and rubbing and make-up to the treated areas for 4 hours
- Avoid extreme heat/cold for up to 1 week post treatment
- Abstain from Alcohol, heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Stay out of Sunlight/UV radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Do not rub, massage, apply make-up the treated areas for at least 4 hours after treatment