Do you often refrain from smiling because you're self conscious about how much gum is showing? We’ve had patients who haven’t smiled in years because of this reason.
Smiling is a crucial part of being happy and showing others that you’re happy, so don’t let a gummy smile prevent you from doing that! Our skilled Doctors and Cosmetic Injector Nurses can inject anti-wrinkle into the muscle responsible for lifting that upper lip, which relaxes the muscle and reduces the visibility of your gum when smiling.
Let us help you show that beautiful smile again - come visit one of our highly trained cosmetic professionals at Cocoon Spa and Medical Aesthetics Adelaide where we offer premium anti-wrinkle injections to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Side Effects / Potential Risks / Complications:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Asymmetry of facial expressions
- Muscle weakness, twitching
- Bruising/swelling/skin redness
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow (ptosis)/local muscle weakness, double vision, dry/teary eyes
- Hives, feeling faint, nausea or flu like symptoms, tiredness
- Swelling of the face or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- Infection at treatment site
- Period to take effect, further treatment needed, remaining muscle movement
- Avoid touching and rubbing and make-up to the treated areas for 4 hours
- Avoid extreme heat/cold for up to 1 week post treatment
- Abstain from Alcohol, heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Stay out of Sunlight/UV radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Do not rub, massage, apply make-up the treated areas for at least 4 hours after treatment