Are you starting to look grumpy or stressed even though you’re not? Your frown lines are getting deeper even when you’re feeling relaxed?
This is an issue many of our patients’ experience, which is why anti-wrinkle injections to the frown lines are one of the most popular treatments in our Adelaide clinic. Our experienced Doctors and Cosmetic Injector Nurses use anti-wrinkle injections to soften and rejuvenate your face.
By relaxing the overactive muscle in your frown, we can help you achieve a softer look and prevent future wrinkles from appearing.
Possible Risks / Complications:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Asymmetry of facial expressions
- Muscle weakness, twitching
- Bruising/swelling/skin redness
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow (ptosis)/local muscle weakness, double vision, dry/teary eyes
- Hives, feeling faint, nausea or flu like symptoms, tiredness
- Swelling of the face or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- Infection at treatment site
- Period to take effect, further treatment needed, remaining muscle movement
- Avoid touching and rubbing and make-up to the treated areas for 4 hours
- Avoid extreme heat/cold for up to 1 week post treatment
- Abstain from Alcohol, heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Stay out of Sunlight/UV radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Do not rub, massage, apply make-up the treated areas for at least 4 hours after treatment