Similar to most other parts of the face, as we age, the tip of our nose may start to droop. Our patients find that having a droopy nose can impact their self-esteem, but they refuse to undergo cosmetic surgery to have it improved.
Anti-wrinkle injections can be used in conjunction with dermal filler to add volume (filler) and lift (anti-wrinkle) the tip of the nose to achieve a non-surgical rhinoplasty. Our skilled Doctors, Clinicians and Cosmetic Injector Nurses strategically inject anti-wrinkle treatment into the muscle that is pulling down the tip of the nose, and once that muscle relaxes, the tip of the nose will lift again.
Cocoon Spa and Medical Aesthetics Adelaide offer a premium anti-wrinkle treatment to help you achieve that “pixie nose” look that everyone is obsessed with at the moment.
Side Effects / Potential Risks / Complications:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Asymmetry of facial expressions
- Muscle weakness, twitching
- Bruising/swelling/skin redness
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow (ptosis)/local muscle weakness, double vision, dry/teary eyes
- Hives, feeling faint, nausea or flu like symptoms, tiredness
- Swelling of the face or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- Infection at treatment site
- Period to take effect, further treatment needed, remaining muscle movement.
- Avoid touching and rubbing and make-up to the treated areas for 4 hours
- Avoid extreme heat/cold for up to 1 week post treatment
- Abstain from Alcohol, heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Stay out of Sunlight/UV radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Do not rub, massage, apply make-up the treated areas for at least 4 hours after treatment