Some people think it's cute and others can’t stand their dimpled or creased chin. In the cosmetic industry, a dimpled chin is also referred to as “chin-ulite” - in other words, cellulite on your chin. Chin dimples are often a result of genetics, or they can develop over the years from repetitive facial expressions.
Our skilled Doctors and Cosmetic Injector Nurses use anti-wrinkle injections in the chin area to relax the muscles in that area which has caused the chin to form creases and dimples.
Cocoon Spa and Medical Aesthetics Adelaide offer premium anti-wrinkle injections to help you achieve a smoother chin area, which can help rejuvenate and soften your facial expression.
Side Effects / Potential Risks / Complications:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Asymmetry of facial expressions
- Muscle weakness, twitching
- Bruising/swelling/skin redness
- Drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow (ptosis)/local muscle weakness, double vision, dry/teary eyes
- Hives, feeling faint, nausea or flu like symptoms, tiredness
- Swelling of the face or throat, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing
- Infection at treatment site
- Period to take effect, further treatment needed, remaining muscle movement
- Avoid touching and rubbing and make-up to the treated areas for 4 hours
- Avoid extreme heat/cold for up to 1 week post treatment
- Abstain from Alcohol, heavy exercise for 24 hours
- Stay out of Sunlight/UV radiation until redness and swelling has resolved.
- You may find it helpful to apply iced gauze to the treated area
- Do not rub, massage, apply make-up the treated areas for at least 4 hours after treatment